Pakistan: No Jaish Camps In 22 Locations Pinned By India

Pakistan: No Jaish Camps

Pakistan on Thursday said that the investigation they conducted regarding the bombing in Pulwama revealed that there were no JeM camps in the 22 locations that India pinned in the documents they shared to Pakistan containing their intelligence report on the terror group. They also said that they were not able to establish any links between the 54 people they detained following the receipt of India’s document alleging their participation in the attack.

“While 54 detained individuals are being investigated, details linking them to Pulwama have been found so far. Similarly, the 22 pin locations shared by India have been examined. No such camps exist. Pakistan is willing to allow visits, on request, to these locations,” Pakistan’s foreign office (FO) said.

Read More: PAKISTAN BLOCKS JOURNALISTS FROM ENTERING BALAKOT AIR STRIKE SITE

Pakistan shared its findings to India on Wednesday, in line with its commitment to cooperate as said by the foreign office. They shared with India the “preliminary findings” of their investigation together with a set of questions.

“Subsequently, the diplomatic corps in Islamabad was briefed as well,” the FO said.

Read More: PAKISTAN’S RESPONSE: WHAT DID PAKISTAN DO AFTER JAISH CAMP STRIKE?

On February 27, India handed over a dossier to the acting high commissioner of Pakistan in New Delhi with specific information about the involvement of the terror group, Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in the Pulwama attack on February 14.

Forty Indian soldiers were killed in Pulwama when a suicide bomb got off near a diplomatic envoy. India alleges that Jaish terrorists are behind the attack. The dossier also includes information on the Jaish camps and its leadership in Pakistan.

The authorities in Pakistan constituted an investigation team immediately after they received the dossier from India and detained several people named in the documents for investigation. The FO said that they initiation work on the technical aspects of the social media contents determined in the dossier as they are the main basis of India’s claims.

The 91-page dossier contains six parts, out of which only part two and three pertain to the Pulwama attack, the FO explained.

“Other parts are generalized allegations. Pakistan is focusing on those parts which relate to Pulwama incident,” it added.

The investigation, through a thorough examination of all aspects of India’s claims as detailed in the said dossier, includes the processing of a “confessional” video of Adil Dar who claimed responsibility for the attack. WhatsApp and Telegram numbers used to share videos and messages about the Pulwama attack were also processed, as well as a list of 90 individuals suspected of being members of the Jaish Terror Group, and 22 pin locations of alleged training camps for Jaish recruits.

“Pakistan remains committed to taking this process to its logical conclusion,” the FO added.

Tensions between India and Pakistan has been escalating following the February 14 Jaish-connected bombing in Pulwama district killing 40 CRPF personnel in Jammu and Kashmir.

India launched a counter-terror operation through a ‘non-military, pre-emptive’ strike against one of the biggest camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed, early morning of February 26. They said that the strike has killed over 300 terrorists and have effectively destroyed a significant camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed which they described as the ‘heart of training for suicide bombers.’ Yousuf Azhar, the brother-in-law of Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar, leads the Balakot camp. He too was announced dead by Indian authorities. The Indian retaliation followed the Jaish attack where terrorists blew up explosives next to a security envoy in Pulwama in Kashmir, killing 40 Indian soldiers.

Read More: BALAKOT STRIKE: INDIA, PAKISTAN, ANNOUNCED OPPOSING RESULTS

Following the attack of India to Pakistan’s territory in Balakot, Pakistan retaliated and downed a MiG-32 in an aerial combat that captured an Indian pilot. Pakistan initiated a high ranking meeting in the wake of the Balakot strike and called India’s attack as selfish and devised a response strategy.

The said forum was attended by high ranking officials such as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Finance, as well as senior military officials.

“This action has been done for domestic consumption being in an election environment, putting regional peace and stability at grave risk. The claimed area of the strike is open for the world to see the facts on the ground. For this domestic&international [sic] media is being taken to the impact site,” read another tweet.

The escalating conflict between Pakistan and India stems back from their claims of Kashmir, where both countries claim complete ownership but only control only a part of it. The recent Indian strike is the first time India went across the Line Of Control, a boundary between Pakistan-owned Kashmir (PoK) and Indian-owned Kashmir (PoK), since 1971.

About the Author

Al Restar
A consumer tech and cybersecurity journalist who does content marketing while daydreaming about having unlimited coffee for life and getting a pet llama. I also own a cybersecurity blog called Zero Day.

Be the first to comment on "Pakistan: No Jaish Camps In 22 Locations Pinned By India"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*