The $71.3 billion acquisition of Disney over 20th Century Fox has been finalized and will set the stage for even bigger movies for Disney and Marvel alike in 2019 leading to 2020, but may still need to iron out some wrinkles before setting its eyes on success.
With the successful inquisition, this will result in the X-Men franchise to return to its original home, Marvel along with the Fantastic Four Series.
This may sound like an ideal outcome with Marvel recently producing great movies, but the Marvel Cinematic Universe has yet to settle incongruences with previous X-Men and Fantastic Four movies to put them in the state of their current timeline.
If you’ve been keeping track, the X-Men franchise has been in a roller coaster ride in terms of its chronology with going back and forth with the present and the past and is also set to air Dark Pheonix this year. Unlike what Marvel has been doing with a well-established timeline, which allowed its audiences to follow along easily.
Also, there have been two versions of the Fantastic Four franchise, which still needs to be ironed out before their introduction to the MCU, if they will even be included in it.
2019 Is The Biggest Year for Disney
With the entire 2019 slate of Disney is filled with major theatrical productions for the rest of the year, leaving only September blank, it will be quite an issue when the next X-Men or Fantastic Four movies will come into cinemas or even start production.
Just last month, Captain Marvel rolled out on cinemas and Avengers: Endgame to air this April, and Dark Pheonix on June.
Disney live adaptations will also roll out starting with Dumbo, an elephant who learns how to fly with its humungous ears, on March 29; Aladin from the 1992 animated classic on May; and the Lion King on July.
Fans have already expressed polarizing sentiments with Disney’s trend on remaking classics into live adaptations. Some have said that the remakes are unnecessary, ruining the classic masterpiece, while people on the other end are enjoying the trend and will continue supporting Disney’s move.
This also comes along with other sequels like Avengers: Endgame, Spider-man: Far From Home, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and Star Wars: Episode IX.
Indeed, it’s going to be a blockbuster-packed 2019 and early 2020, so far, for Disney. But, critics have argued that success may not come easy for Disney since there are just too many to look forward to and they are packed on consecutive months, which may seem to be a “far too many movie tickets to purchase in a single year.”
There are way too many movies on the production line
Alongside movies that are already set to roll out in cinemas in the following months, there are also a ton of movies that are currently in production that Disney is now juggling.
There are latest reports that The Eternals will start filming this Fall and might star Angelina Jolie, as well as, a Black Widow origins movie both to be directed by Chloe Zhao. A Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy sequels and more just from the Marvel Cinematic Universe alone.
There are also reports that a Mulan live adaptation is also well on its way and will be seen on the cinemas in 2020.
Those are just the major production movies that Disney will be producing, not counting all other minor films and TV shows that are set to air in the upcoming months.
What will happen to 20th Century Fox
As of the moment, there are two movies set out that are from the previous production house: Dark Pheonix and New Mutants.
Depending on how the public will react to Dark Pheonix, it may well decide whether or not Disney executives will continue with the current casting of the X-Men characters.
Also, the New Mutants movie is also said to be on the risk of getting pulled out from the slate if Disney decides that the film is unfavorable for their production line.
It is still unclear how Disney and Marvel will be able to iron out the differences from Fox to Disney or just do a start over with the entire franchise. However, the latter is seen to be the most likely path to take.
If the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchise are to enter the MCU Phase 4, they will need to be rebooted in a way that does not disturb the current flow and timeline, which they are famous for.
Tom Cruise Unveil Top Gun: Maverick Trailer At SDCC
Tom Cruise is returning to the Top Gun franchise after almost 3 decades since the first installment and introduce modern innovations to aviation in the movie.
Brace yourselves; Tom Cruise is making his latest return to the big screen in the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick movie, which he introduced as a surprise during a panel at the San Diego Comic-Con.
People attending Paramount/Skydance’s panel at the flooded Hall H in SDCC was shocked when Cruise suddenly walked on stage to talk about Top Gun: Maverick that’s set to be released next year — but the show was far from over when the panel unveiled the film’s first trailer. Shortly after it aired in Hall H, the Maverick trailer was released online
Initially, Hall H was reserved to be a panel discussion solely about Tim Miller’s Terminator: Dark Fate. The director and stars of the movie talked about their Terminator return and introduced some new footage to the crowd.
“Thirty-four years ago, I made a movie in San Diego and shot across the street in a restaurant,” Cruise told the crowd. “I was always asked, ‘When are you going to do another one?’ Well, you’ve been very patient with me. I felt like it was my responsibility to really deliver for you.”
Mr. Cruise was last seen in the Top Gun franchise back in 1986, where he reprised the role as the United States Navy’s elite fighter pilot Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell.
Based on the latest trailer, he will be playing the same character, but a lot older. There’s still a lot of high-flying in fancy new jets, more drama, and risk-taking. There’s also glimpses of Cruise’s iconic bomber jacket and Ray-Ban sunglasses.
Other than that, the 2020 addition to the Top Gun franchise will see the latest innovations in aviation. Top Gun: Maverick is said to be set in a world of drone technology and fifth-generation fighters, along with exploring the end of the era of dogfighting. Maverick is now a flight instructor, who takes Bradley Bradshaw (played by Miles Teller), the son of Maverick’s late partner Nick “Goose” Bradshaw (initially played by Anthony Edwards), under his wing.
Furthermore, Maverick is seemingly still a high-flying captain, whose superiors want him to climb the career ladder as quoted from the trailer: “30 plus years of service, combat battles, citations, only man to shoot down 3 enemy planes in the last four years yet you can’t get a promotion, won’t retire, and despite your best efforts you refuse to die. You should at least be a two-star admiral by now yet here you are… Captain. Why is that?”
Based on that, Maverick will also be going over the answer to that question. Would it be because of the death of his long-time partner and co-pilot, Goose? That’s something that has yet to be discovered.
Jennifer Connelly, Cruise’s love interest in the movie, also has a significant role to play. Similarly, Miles Teller who will play Goose’s son and Maverick’s new protege will do too while Val Kilmer will reprise his role as Tom “Iceman” in the sequel.
In addition to the return of Cruise and Jennifer Connelly to the Top Gun franchise, the Maverick trailer also introduces several new actors to the fold such as Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, and Ed Harris. Jay Ellis of Insecure will also appear in the film as a pilot trainee
The film is directed by Joseph Kosinski, who also directed the 2010 Tron sequel, Tron: Legacy, as well as Oblivion, in which Cruise was also starring.
Furthermore, Top Gun: Maverick is a screenplay by Peter Craig, Justin Marks, Ashley Edward Miller, and Zack Stentz. While Mission: Impossible – Fallout director, Christopher McQuarrie, oversaw the film’s reshoots.
Meanwhile, Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the first movie with the late Don Simpson, will produce the 2020 installment with Cruise and Skydance CEO David Ellison.
Deadline reported that Cruise would appear on Conan O’Brien’s Late Night on Thursday night to discuss the movie.
Top Gun was first released on May 16, 1986, and saw massive success in the box office after grossing more than $350 million worldwide on a $15 million budget.
Four weeks after release, the number of theaters showing it increased by 45 percent. The film maintained its popularity over the years and earned an IMAX 3D re-release in 2013.
Additionally, the film won an Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Take My Breath Away” that was performed by Berlin.
Upon its release, however, the film received mixed reviews from critics but generally received praise for its action sequences, effects, and aerial stunts. Cruise and McGillis’ performance also received praise.
In 2015, the United States Library of Congress selected the film for preservation in the National Film Registry, finding it “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.
It: Chapter 2 Takes A Darker Twist (New Trailer)
Mr. Pennywise has been waiting for the Loser Club and this time, he’s ready to terrorize them in much darker ways.
Amidst the bustling events in the 2019 Comic-Con: San Diego, Warner Bros., and New Line Cinema had their bubble with the adjacent “ScareDiego,” where they revealed the latest trailer for their upcoming horror film, It: Chapter 2.
The majority of the first trailer released last May offered a glimpse between the interaction of Beverly, played by Jessica Chastain — as she returns to her old home in Derry, Maine with the seemingly adorable Mrs. Kersh. That is until she says that “no one who dies here really dies” and turns into a monster in the dark.
The new trailer, however, ramps up the pace, intensity, and reveals. Featuring different scenarios, more characters, and dialogues that will surely help shape our imagination on what’s to come for It: Chapter 2 in September.
The latest installment to the horror franchise sees the Loser Club return to their creepy old home town of Derry, Maine precisely 27 years after their first gruesome encounter with the shape-shifting monster who often took the form of the evil clown, Mr. Pennywise (played by Bill Skarsgård).
Recalling the events from the first movie, It, in the end, the seven middle school children made a blood oath to return to their creepy hometown in 27 years to see if the demonic force known as Pennywise had risen from the depths of the sewers to terrorize a new generation of kids.
As the movie’s logline goes: “Because every 27 years evil revisits the town of Derry, Maine, It Chapter Two brings the characters—who’ve long since gone their separate ways—back together as adults, nearly three decades after the events of the first film.”
One thing is for sure: Mr. Pennywise is back, and he is back with a vengeance, as he was seemingly waiting for the Loser Club’s return. However, there’s something wrong with the original band of misfits who fought Mr. Pennywise: they don’t remember the traumatic events of their childhood — the summer of 1989 — where they spent it in the sewers fighting for their lives.
“Something happens to you when you leave this town,” adult Mike Hanlon, now played by Isaiah Mustafa, says. “The farther away, the hazier it all gets. But for me, I never left. I remember all of it.”
The upcoming movie will feature the adult versions of the original seven kids. Now, there’s James McAvoy/Jaeden Lieberher as Bill, Jessica Chastain/Sophia Lillis as Beverly, Jay Ryan/Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben, Isaiah Mustafa/Chosen Jacobs as Mike, James Ransone/Jack Dylan Glazer as Eddie, Andy Bean/Wyatt Oleff as Stanley, and Bill Hader/Finn Wolfhard as Richie.
The first It was a coming-of-age story about the power of friendship, but according to director Andy Muschietti, the second chapter is a lot darker as it explored the halls of “trauma” for the then-kids who experienced and lived Mr. Pennywise’s demise.
“We’ll discover things we didn’t know about the Losers that started that summer in 1989,” he said at New Line Cinema’s third annual ScareDiego presentation.
For Bill, who still feels a lot of guilt over his little brother Georgie’s death, that means reckoning with his “survivor’s trauma,” McAvoy said at the presentation. And for Beverly, she will have to confront the years of abuse she experienced as a child.
Based on the trailer, It: Chapter 2 will likely follow the formula from It—which made it into the record-breaking horror movie success that it is today. As we recall, It was a slow menace where Pennywise terrorized each of the kids in turn before climaxing into trapping them inside a creepy house as a group.
In the latest trailer, we get to see glimpses of that same pattern happen to each of the characters, but with the darker twist of involving their unresolved trauma as seen with McAvoy’s role in a window glass room with his little brother.
According to actress Jessica Chastain and director Andy Muschietti, who both spoke at “ScareDiego,” the horror sequel may set a record in the end for the most on-screen blood used in a single film. Over 4,500 gallons of fake blood were used during one particular scene, most of it on Chastain. She even said that she encouraged Muschietti to use more. “Let’s make Carrie on steroids,” she said.
Stephen King’s original It novel took place in 1957 and 1985, while the miniseries took place in 1960 and 1990. Chapter Two takes place 27 years after the events of the first chapter, which took place in 1989.
Gossip Girl Is Making A Comeback Series
Manhattan’s teenage elites better watch their backs, Gossip Girl is officially announced to make a return on HBO’s upcoming streaming service.
Hey Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl is officially back. The freakishly omnipresent blogger is making a comeback in 2020 to watch over the lives of Manhattans’ elites.
WarnerMedia has sent to order the series for ten new hour-long episodes from the popular tv show for its upcoming streaming service, HBO Max.
The original Gossip Girl creators — the team of Joshua Safran, Stephanie Savage, and Josh Schwartz — are all returning to work on the new episodes that will loom over the lives of New York City’s teenage elites. There are also reports speculating a new Gossip Girl.
“It’s something we’ve been talking about — Josh, Stephanie and I — for a little bit, just in terms of, ‘Is this something we want to explore?’ We’re all so in love with the original and had such an incredible time working on it, and it’s such a big part of our lives,” Safran told THR.
“Then the stars aligned and we had availability to jump, and Warners, obviously, it’s something they’re very passionate about. It seemed like the best time and also the best way to do it.”
As of the moment, there aren’t any reports if any of the formerly loved cast (Serena, Dan, Blair, Chuck, and Nate) would also be making a comeback in the upcoming Gossip Girl series. But one thing’s for sure: it will be a sequel to the original and will take on new characters with new drama all the while living the “elite problems” background.
The new series logline
“Eight years after the original website went dark, a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl. The prestige series will address just how much social media — and the landscape of New York itself — has changed in the intervening years.”
If any of you Gossip Girl fans could remember, social media was pretty much in its earlier phase during the series. It is quite interesting that the new series will be focusing on how social media will shape the 2020 version, given that it is the gut of the entire series. According to Zoe Fox of Mashable, the show popularized social media networks and mobile communication, becoming “a pioneer in its use of mobile.”
“It’s just a new look at this particular society in New York, the idea being that society changes constantly,” Safran said. “So how has this world changed, how has social media and its effect changed? All of those things allow us to look at the world 12 years on as opposed to just redoing the story. None of us are interested in just redoing a story.”
Initially, Gossip Girl was a CW series. Its president, Mark Pedowitz, claimed at the Television Critics Association that talks were happening for potential reboot months ago but only if the trio — Safran, Savage, and Schwartz — signed on. And luckily, they did.
Gossip Girl originally aired for six seasons from 2007 to 2012 with 121 dramatic episodes that were based on the YA novel series by Cecily von Ziegesar. Quite significantly, the 5-year series launched the careers of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick, and Taylor Momsen.
At the moment, none of the original cast is announced to be on board, but based on previous interviews, super fans can at least hold out hope.
On July, Crawford told that he’s not opposing the idea. “I don’t know what it would look like with us being in our 30s now, but I always say, because it was such a big part of my life, I’m open to anything,” he told Digital Spy. “It would have to be really right, and really specific, and with TV and the golden age of the TV streaming service, maybe an eight-episode season.”
In May, Meester said that no one has ever seriously asked her to return to the iconic role of Blair Waldorf. “No one’s ever talked to me about it except for in interviews, and I always say the same: I never say never, so I don’t know. No one’s sent me that information,” she told E! News at the time.
As for a looming new Gossip Girl, initially voiced by Kristen Bell, we’ll also have to find out. As she says in the show: “And who am I? That’s one secret I’ll never tell! You know you love me… XOXO, Gossip Girl.”
Check Out What’s New:
- Tom Cruise Unveil Top Gun: Maverick Trailer At SDCC
- House Passes Raising Minimum Wage To $15 An Hour
- It: Chapter 2 Takes A Darker Twist (New Trailer)
- Dropping ‘Artificial Snow’ Could Stabilize Glaciers In Antartica, Study Suggests
- Israeli Researchers Test Drug That Starves Pancreatic Cancer Cells To Death
- Resident Evil 5 And 6 Invades Nintendo Switch This Fall
- Lenovo Patches Security Flaw Exposing 36TB Of Financial Data In The Wild
- Outpouring Support For KyoAni After Arson Attack
- This Free Service Detects And Blocks Suspicious Behaviors Of Android Apps
- ‘User Data Are Not Transferred To Russia,’ Says FaceApp
Arts & Entertainment3 weeks ago
‘Criminal Minds’ Season 15: A Tear-Jerking Finale Is Coming
Technology2 weeks ago
Google Stops Trends Alerts In New Zealand Following Criticisms From NZ Government
Business4 days ago
Political Stand-Off: Chinese-Canadian Goods
Science1 month ago
Norway’s Celebrity Beluga Whale ‘Hvaldimir’; A Russian Spy Or Child Therapist?
Science3 weeks ago
Summer Penis Is Giving Men Big Dick Energy
Technology3 weeks ago
Cloud Service Provider, ‘PCM’ Fell Victim To A Data Breach Aimed To Collect Gift Cards
Technology3 weeks ago
‘Google,’ ‘University of Chicago’ Faces Class Action Over ‘Electronic Health Record’ Breach
Technology3 weeks ago
‘Uncall’ Promises To Remove Your Number From Generic Robocall Lists And Dark Web Databases