The 21-Day Tummy Diet is the latest in weight loss programs to promise you help in losing weight and have you feeling better overall, while reducing inflammation.
Liz Vaccariello, editor for “Readers Digest” appeared on “The Doctor Oz Show” to promote this new weight-loss plan. “This plan is the only one that nourishes your body’s own secret weight-loss weapon, which is skinny gut bacteria,” Vaccariello told Dr. Oz. “This is the missing link in every other diet plan.”
Health journalist Vaccariello, explores the connection between digestion and weight, while explaining the role of gut bacteria, and identifying diet as the major cause behind the chronic inflammation, she advises how to “diet away digestive disorders.” A 3-phase, day-by-day food plan, featuring over 50 recipes, shows readers how to calm their sensitive stomachs, enjoy delicious dining, flatten those tummies, and lose an average of 6–10 lbs.
The plan works by balancing your gut bacteria and feeding your “skinny gut bacteria.” Recent studies have shown that thin people’s gut flora is quite different from overweight people’s. The 21-Day Tummy diet is designed specifically for people with temperamental tummies
With the 21-Day Tummy plan, you will be eating more anti-inflammatory foods, especially those rich in magnesium, and fewer carb-dense foods and FODMAPs (rapidly fermentable carbohydrates that can aggravate your gut).
The 21-Day Tummy is designed to alleviate and possibly cure the 5 most common digestive disorders: gas and bloating, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn and acid reflux, and IBS flare-ups.
There are a few weapons to this plan:
- Magnesium in the morning: Vaccariello suggests getting this mineral with seeds, like chia or pumpkin. You also can try a magnesium supplement – our favorite is a lemony powder called Calm, which you can mix in water.
- Low-FODMAP foods: What are FODMAPS? They are rapidly fermentable carbs – or “fast food for your gut” as Vaccariello calls them. Oat bran, brown rice, polenta and quinoa are the good guys. Highly refined grains, especially wheat, are the bad guys. She’s a fan of red quinoa, as are we.
- MUFAs: This has been a favorite of Vaccariello’s since her very first “Flat Belly Diet” book. The monounsaturated fats include olives, nuts and avocado among others.
- Ginger: Ginger is a powerful tummy soother and Vaccariello mixes it with maple syrup – a low FODMAP sweetener.
There are three main steps in the 21-day Diet plan:
- PHASE 1: FLATTEN (DAYS 1 TO 5)
Calm your sensitive system as you shed fat quickly.
- PHASE 2: SOOTHE AND SHRINK (DAYS 6 TO 15)
Maximize belly-fat loss by boosting anti-inflammatory foods that are high in magnesium and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- PHASE 3: BALANCE (DAYS 16 TO 21)
Stoke your body with meals that combine belly-friendly fiber, lean protein, and healthy fats so you never feel hungry.
The 21-Day Tummy also includes a 21-day eating plan that minimizes foods that cause discomfort and weight gain, while replacing them with soothing foods.
21-Day Tummy Diet
Raspberry Ketone is Dr Oz Number One Miracle Weight Loss Pill
Dr. Oz Flat Belly Plan: 4 Steps to Follow in Diet Plan
Dr. Oz 3 Day Cleanse To Detox Body and Lose Weight
Green Coffee Bean Extract Touted by Dr Oz as Magic Weight Loss Pill