Axe Body Spray Banned in a Pennsylvania School After Allergic Reaction

Axe Body Spray Allergic Reaction

A school in Pennsylvania is asking students to not use Axe, the popular body spray among teens, after one of their students had a severe allergic reaction to it.

Brandon Silk is being homeschooled for the time being, until his doctors can treat his allergy. The 15-year-old is currently being treated with a variety of steroids to combat the reaction.

The PA school has issued a statement asking students to quit using Axe body spray, “The purpose of this posting is to make all parents, staff and students aware of a medical issue involving a Freedom High School student having an extreme allergy to Axe Body Spray. This allergy is potentially life threatening for this student. Most recently this student has been transported to the hospital by ambulance for emergency medical treatment due to this student being exposed to Axe Body Spray while attending school.”

“My request to all Freedom Family members is that we take into consideration this student’s allergy to Axe Body Spray and refrain from using it as your cologne or fragrance of choice while attending Freedom High School,” the statement read.

Silk says that his throat closed so tightly on March 4th that it was impossible to even fit a straw in the crevice.

“I started feeling like my throat closed up and then hives breaking out on my arm,” said Silk.

The school nurse treated him with an Epi Pen and called an ambulance. Over the next nine days, Brandon’s throat closed three times.

The family tried to write to Axe body spray’s parent company Unilever, but the family says that they have received no response from the company.

A spokesman did respond in an email to ABC News saying, “We were made aware of a report about an allergic reaction, and we are looking into the matter. If there are any issues with our products, we advise consumers to reach out to our Consumer Services Team at our 800 phone number, which is available on the back of our product packaging.”

“It just breaks my heart to have a company out there who does not care,” Rosa Silk said. His mom is still determined to find a cure so her son can attend school next year.

Axe Body Spray Allergic Reaction

Mother hopes to find a cure for son’s allergic reaction to AXE deodorant body spray. A 15-year-old boy comes within minutes of death after exposure to AXE body spray; now his mother wants the formula to help doctors treat her son.

Related Stories:

Peanut Allergy Causes Death for College Freshman Cameron Groezinger-Fitzpatrick After Eating Cookie
Flamin Hot Cheetos Ban in Schools Due to Lack of Nutrition
Sunscreen Ban at School Leaves Violet and Zoe Michener Sunburned
Megan Piper Prom Date Gets Banned From School Dance
BuckyBalls Magnets Being Banned by CPSC

Be the first to comment on "Axe Body Spray Banned in a Pennsylvania School After Allergic Reaction"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.