Connect with us

Editors' Pick

Bus Monitor Cries While Middle School Kids Bullied Her For 10 Minutes

Published

on

Bus Monitor Cries After Bullied

Students riding a bus in Greece, New York belittled, badgered and bullied a bus monitor into tears. The bus was part of the Athena Middle School in NY. The bus monitor was riding the bus to help try and keep the kids safe and under control. What the bus monitor, Karen H. Klein got were horrendous attacks verbally over and over.

The video was recorded for over 10 minutes and 9 seconds of extremely uncomfortable attacks. The video reveals the students that were saying all of the profanity & verbal attacks to Karen Klein who is 68 years old. The students listed as involved are: Luis Recio, Wesley Helm, Brandon Teng and Joshua Slesak.

It was reported by a donation website that Karen earns around $15,506 a year. Students made fun of the bus monitor Karen by saying things like, “You’re so f**in poor you fat a**.” Karen kept calm and responded to the middle school kids, “I try to live by some of these words, I try and it’s really hard. It says to live with integrity.” The kids said, “I’m surprised you know how to read. Nobody cares about what the f**cking kitty purse says.” The kids start to read her purse and make fun of her quoting off some of the sayings like, “Dare to laugh”, “Be remarkable” … One of the kids says, “You already are remarkable by taking up the whole entire seat.”

The kids went of for ten minutes on telling Karen how fat she was and how much she was sweating. At one point Karen responded, “It’s not sweat, I’m crying all over.” At many points during the video you can see the bus monitor deflecting the insults and attacks with shrugs and trying to look out of the window. When Karen quits responding some of the kids start telling her to give them her address. The kids said they wanted to break into her house and take all of her things, pee on her doorstep and crap in her mouth.

The story is heart wrenching and terrible and literally shows you what kids are like these days. The video has racked up over 2,222,743 million views. Don’t worry there is a good part to the ending of this story. There was a link shared with the video of Karen Klein being attacked that asked people to donate to Karen. The request was to help Karen go on vacation and retire.

Karen Klein DonationDuring writing this story we monitored the donation site and saw the amount donated to Karen go from $344,622 to $348,049. You can also help donate and help Karen retire.

The donation website is located here

The donation site allows a flexible funding campaign and the campaign will receive all of the funds by Friday July 20th, 2012.

On June 21st, 2012 Fox News revealed that Karen Klein would not press charges from an announcment from Captain Steve Chatterton of the Greece Police Department. “Obviously we are upset with what we saw in the video, both as parents and police officers,” Chatterton told reporters during a press conference Thursday afternoon. “But at this time, she has decided she does not want to press criminal charges.”

On the donation site contact information is provided for you to reach out and speak out to officials, school members & to take action:

Link to the school’s website: http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/athena-middle.cfm

Bus number: #784

School’s fax number: (585) 966-4039

Principal of the school’s E-mail address: David.Richardson@greece.k12.ny.us

Staff E-mails & Other Links:

Karen’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kklein1944

Karen’s daughter came onto the donation page to give an update from June 21st, 2012 and said:

************ UPDATE 11:00 am est 6/21: This is Amanda (tammbg below). I am Karen’s daughter and I just joined this campaign. I have spoken with Max and with Indiegogo and we just want to thank you so much for your support. I am at work now so can’t put a picture up yet. We are completely overwhelmed with all the support, so thank you. *************

Environmentalist. Consumer Tech Journalist. Science Explorer. And, a dreamer. I've been contributing informative news content since 2010. Follow me on all socials!

Click to comment

0 Comments

1. Laura A

June 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I wish i could do something, like start a petition to make sure these kids get punished in some formal way, because the victim has decided not to press charges, and obviously if these kids are acting this way to begin with, their not going to be punished by their parents properly. Although this behaviour is despicable and the kids need to be disiplined, its an obvious sign of a lack of proper parenting! I’m not even religious but i firmly believe in ‘Do unto other as you would have done to you’! If I ever found out that my child acted this way towards another human being, besides punishing them to the fullest extreme (not physical abuse), I would treat them the way they treated this innocent person for at least a day. Follow them around all day yelling crude and demeaning remarks towards them, and at the end of the day ask them how they felt. In todays world of absent parenting, taking their cell phone away as ‘grounding’ or ‘punishment’ is NOT enough! THESE KIDS NEED TO BE PUNISHED, BUT THE PARENTS NEED TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPONSIBILTY IN RAISING THEIR CHILDREN PROPERLY, WITH MORALS AND EMPATHY FOR OTHERS!!!!

2. big ed

June 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm

three hundred and fifty thousand! Ludicrous…

3. Shay

June 22, 2012 at 2:37 am

Although I feel the same disgusted and appalled emotions that are posted here.. I’m extremely disappointed to every comment within the article and in response to the article stating it’s how ‘kids these days’ behave.

It’s not to blame the generation. Yes, I’m responding to this due to my own age (turning 21 this August). However, I have never heard any of my peers in high school speak this way especially to anybody older than them. In fact, if a peer did that.. within a couple minutes that person would be hoping they could leave school early. None of my peers tolerated that behavior towards any staff member. I’ve never even had those thoughts about another human. Other of my personal peers who have seen this have agreed.

4. fashion

June 22, 2012 at 1:08 am

whatever happened to “shut the h*** up or I’m stopping the bus and you’ll walk home”? I grew up taking the school bus not too long ago & the moment the bus driver heard a swear he was hollering. It wasn’t an empty threat either, believe me…

5. sheri

June 21, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I raised two children now 22 and 26 without spanking and as put here beating their a**es and they are wonderful respectful adults and would never treat someone. I you do not have to spank or physically strike children to raise good kids. I never understood the logic behind teaching kids how to behave and how to treat others by physically striking them. You set rules, you dont give them everything the wish for, you spend time with them, you teach by being an example in how you treat people. Sure my kids had punishments if they were disrespectful but not for any little mistake kids make. I talked with my kids not down to them. These kids probably have parents who to spank in anger this breeds anger and bitterness not good behavour. Spanking instead of taking time to make you children feel worthy, loved, and safe is what parents who donthave time or want to spend the time with the children they brought in this world. If an adult acted in a way or did something wrong and you “spanked” them it would be battery and criminal charges but acceptable to do to children. My two children are proof you do not have to strike kids to raise wonderful respectful caring people but you do have to make them a priority and put in the time to love them and guide them everyday not just when your not tired, busy, or want to be doing something more fun. There is no me time just raising your children time until the job is done and they are wonderful adults

• Jackie

June 22, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Hello Sheri,
      I think it’s fantastic that you didnt have to.spank your kids and they grew up to be great people. However, I was spanked as a child, (I’m still a child… I’m 16 but I’m not spanked anymore) and I can PROMISE that if my parents didn’t spank me I would probably be in jail right now. I think that is the best thing my parents could have done for me. I give Mother and Father the utmost respect to this day, and will continue to do so. It depends on the individual. Me, I needed spanking as a child. Your children are possibly just gopd natured and you’re lucky. When I have children I will spank them. The kids in this video most likely receive no form of punishment as a result of their actions… There is no doubt in my mind, that if their parents spanked them, then they would hold some sort of respect, fear, and love for their elders. That is all… Have a nice day 🙂

• Jerry

June 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Yeah… your kids are probably horrible when you’re not around. Your one of those mothers that is shocked once you find out your little church kid is a meth head.

6. Lisa

June 21, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I have to agree with Jerry, kids that don’t get spankings act like this. Kids that don’t get disciplined often are like this. Kids that aren’t taught to respect their elders are like this. Bring back the boards & belts.

7. Jerry

June 21, 2012 at 9:53 pm

This just shows what the piece of sh** kids are like these days. We are doomed with these little brats ready to grow up and be the leaders in our country. Videos games, iPhones, free music, easy food, A/C, no more bike riding and running around outside… lazy rude terrible kids. What you get when spanking is practically illegal. These kids need more than a spanking, they need their a*ses ripped off.

8. Taylor Bostic

June 21, 2012 at 8:40 pm

This is so sad. I have a young son and i will do everything in my power to make sure my son has respect for other people… I have never talked to anyone that way in my life… I also want to know why none of the other kids on the bus did not say anything. I was always doing my best to stop bullying. If those kids were my children not only would they get major punishment, but they would go to her house tell her they were sorry and did anything around her house that she needed done for at least a month and i would sit there with her the whole time if i had to… It is sad the way children are being raised these days.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Editors' Pick

AMCA Breach: 20 Million Victims, 19 Class Actions

[bctt tweet=”AMCA previously reported that there were only 200,000 victims in the recent breach, but their partner labs said there were more than 20 million.” username=”Z6Mag”]

Published

on

AMCA previously reported that there were only 200,000 victims in the recent breach but the company, but their partner labs said there were more than 20 million. Photo: cbgrfx123 | Flickr | CC BY-SA 2.0

More than 20 million and not 200,000 have fallen victim to a massive data breach that has seen medical clients using the services of healthcare billing company, American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA), to pay for their laboratory tests in different blood testing labs across the U.S. were confirmed by the SEC filings of affected medical institutions amidst the earlier claims of AMCA that there were fewer victims.

The data breach was a result of a cyber attack that aims to phish for financial information from the website of the AMCA. The exposed data belongs to Americans who paid laboratory services at several clinical and blood testing labs and institutions and used the AMCA billing portal.

What happened in the AMCA breach?

Data that were stolen from the victims include their names, phone numbers, dates of birth, home addresses, social security numbers, credit card numbers, and other bank details. The said information was auctioned off by the hacker in several financial hacking forums.

According to DataBreaches.net, the organization who first reported about the incident, AMCA officials, following the notification of the breach confirmed that their system has been compromised and has remained undetected for more than eight months. AMCA corroborated that the breach took place between August 1, 2018, and March 30, 2019.

Notifications have been sent by several of AMCA’s corporate partners and clients to their customers following the disclosure of the security breach that has seen information from millions of Americans compromised.

Related: Hospitals Only Spend 5% Of Its Budget For Cybersecurity Amidst 82% Of Them Reporting To Have Been Attacked

The list of impacted testing laboratories includes Quest Diagnostics (11.9 million patients), LabCorp (7.7 million patients), BioReference Laboratories (Opko Health subsidiary, 422,600 patients), Carecentrix (500,000 patients), and Sunrise Laboratories (undisclosed number of patients).

However, neither the AMCA nor its five clients have yet to notify ALL impacted citizens by the breach making them vulnerable to a lot of cyber crimes and their financial data could be used by anyone who gets hold of the information against the persons of those who still don’t know that their financial information is floating around the internet.

The companies involved in the breach are facing several lawsuits

Appropriately, the lawsuit came into the direction of AMCA, Quest, and LabCorp regarding the incident. More than 11 class-suite actions have been filed against the three companies for their inability to protect consumer data. The 11 lawsuits were recorded at The United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) on June 3. Since then, eight more lawsuits were filed against the companies in federal courts from New Jersey, New York, and California.

According to litigation experts, “If many cases are filed in federal court, any of the lawyers on any of those cases can file a motion with the JPML [..] to centralize the various federal cases that have been filed by sending all of them to a single judge for coordinated pre-trial proceedings.”

“Healthcare companies are especially susceptible to data breaches not only because they aggregate a tremendous amount of important and sensitive data, but also because they tend to be less focused on cybersecurity protection than other industries,” said John Yanchunis of Morgan and Morgan, one of the firms who filed lawsuits against Quest Diagnostics.

“These companies, like Quest Diagnostics, know they are at an increased risk and yet have not taken the proper steps to protect their patients’ data. We will fight for justice on behalf of those impacted by this breach,” added Yanchunis.

Lawmakers are demanding an explanation

The U.S. government, led by attorneys general from Connecticut and Illinois has also opened an investigation on the matter. Furthermore, lawmakers and other politicians have sent letters to the responding companies to ask for an explanation of why an eight-month data breach remained undetected and to demand accountability from them.

In Washington, US Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) also sent a letter to Quest Laboratories demanding the company explain its vetting process for selecting AMCA as a billing vendor, and what requirements a third-party vendor has to pass. Democratic New Jersey Sens. Cory Booker and Bob Menendez also sent letters to AMCA, Quest, and LabCorp, seeking official answers on how a breach of this severity went undetected for eight months.

“The months-long leak leaves sensitive personal and financial information vulnerable in the hands of criminal enterprises. Moreover, such breaches force victims to contend with identity theft that may lead to irreparable harm to their credit reports and financial future,” said the letter sent by the NJ senators.

Continue Reading

Arts & Entertainment

‘The Hunger Games’ Is Launching A Prequel And A Possible Movie

[bctt tweet=”Suzanne Collins is releasing a prequel to The Hunger Games storyline and Lionsgate is already looking forward in turning it into a blockbuster movie” username=”Z6Mag”]

Published

on

Source: Scholastic

Almost fours years after the last The Hunger Games movie (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II) and almost nine years after the first book from the trilogy was released, Suzanne Collins is returning with the famed trilogy — but this time in a form of a prequel.

Scholastic, the publishing company that distributed Collins’ The Hunger Games trilogy, announced today that it is publishing a prequel novel to the series, currently untitled, which will hit shelves on May 19, 2020.

“Suzanne Collins is a master at combining brilliant storytelling, superb world-building, breathtaking suspense, and social commentary,” Scholastic Trade Publishing President Ellie Berger said in a statement. “We are absolutely thrilled — as both readers and publishers — to introduce the devoted fans of the series and a new audience to an entirely new perspective on this modern classic.”

Collins’ original Hunger Games trilogy—The Hunger GamesCatching Fire, and Mockingjay—altogether, sold more than 100 million copies and has been translated into more than 50 languages. Moreover, The Hunger Games books appeared on the New York Times bestseller list for more than 260 consecutive weeks (more than five straight years).

After writing the last installment in 2010, Collins teased in 2013 that she was working on a new series, but did not say whether it was related to The Hunger Games.

This time, the novel will be set in the world of Panem, 64 years before the events of the original Hunger Games trilogy—the morning where Katniss Everdeen volunteered as a tribute on the 74th Hunger Games. Presumably, Katniss Everdeen played by Jeniffer Lawrence will not be involved in the upcoming novel.

Based on the previous novels in the series, 74 years before the main novels, the 13 Districts of Panem already tried to initiate a rebellion against the Capital. In the aftermath of the failed attempt, 12 Districts remained to leave District 13 to rubbles. The Hunger Games was a result and served as a reminder that all the other Districts should obediently comply with the Capital’s rule.

The novel will take place 10 years after the first rebellion and will tell the story of Panem during the “Dark Days following a failed rebellion in Panem “With this book, I wanted to explore the state of nature, who we are, and what we perceive is required for our survival,” Collins told the Associated Press in the announcement. “The reconstruction period 10 years after the war, commonly referred to as the Dark Days — as the country of Panem struggles back to its feet — provides fertile ground for characters to grapple with these questions and thereby define their views of humanity.”

On other news, the Lionsgate film studio, who adapted The Hunger Games trilogy into movies, is already looking forward to the next addition to Collins’ franchise given that it received praise and public attention for producing them.

“As the proud home of the Hunger Games movies, we can hardly wait for Suzanne’s next book to be published,” said Joe Drake, chairman of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, in a recent statement to the Associated Press. “We’ve been communicating with her during the writing process and we look forward to continuing to work closely with her on the movie.”S

Lionsgate turned Collins’ Hunger Games novels into a series of four films, dividing the last novel, Hunger Games: Mockingjay, into a two-part finale. Over the course of the four movies, it earned almost $3 billion dollars an the worldwide box office with the last movie earning $653.4 million.

Collins helped with the movies as an executive producer and a co-screenwriter on the first 2012 movie but distanced herself after she finalized Mockingjay in 2010.

Lionsgate is also known to have produced Twilight, which is one of their platinum franchises along with Collins’ trilogy. The studio earlier licensed The Hunger Games to theme parks and live concert tours being built around the movie franchise.

Additionally, it starred Jenniffer Lawrence who played the main character as Katniss Everdeen in all of the four movies, which helped catapult her acting career in 2012.

Scholastic acquired world English rights to the prequel novel and it will publish in print, digital and audio formats in the US, Canada, the UK and Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand next year. The deal was negotiated by Rosemary Stimola of the Stimola Literary Studio for Suzanne Collins and David Levithan, VP, Publisher, and Editorial Director, for Scholastic.

Continue Reading

Editors' Pick

Global Ice Melting At Rates Faster Than Expected

Published

on

Photo by Sergey Kuznetsov on Unsplash

The global ice, or the size and number of glaciers located across cold spots around the world, is a clear indicator of the effects of global warming. With human’s excessive and consistent use of o-zone depleting resources such as fossil fuels — the rate of global ice is melting will only keep accelerating.

The National Snow and Ice Data Center reported that based on data they have gathered since the1900s, glaciers around the globe are shrinking and melting at an alarming rate.

Arctic sea ice has been in constant general low over the years following the increasing trend of greenhouse gas. Additionally, as the frozen ground across the Arctic melts, it releases a massive amount of methane, a potent greenhouse gas. Scientists say that this effect could make global ice melt accelerate even faster.

A separate study found that parts of the Canadian Arctic are experiencing a rate of permafrost thaw six times the long-term average.

Meanwhile, melted ice is especially notable both in and around Greenland — home to the second largest ice sheet on the planet.

“Communities in #Greenland rely on the sea ice for transport, hunting, and fishing. Extreme events, here flooding of the ice by abrupt onset of surface melt call for increased predictive capacity in the Arctic,” Steffen Olsen, a climate researcher at the Danish Meteorological Institute said in a tweet.

Olsen was referring to Greenland losing 2 billion metric tons of ice. “The high melt is unusual so early in the season but not unprecedented,” Greenland Ice said in a tweet.

Experts are calling the lost ice “not normal” considering that it equates to almost half of Greenland. Roughly 45 percent of the ice sheet surface has been melting. Usually, less than 10 percent of the ice sheet surface is melting at this time of year. According to data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center, Wednesday set a daily record for the widest melt area on that date, with 275,000 square miles.

“I’m losing the ability to communicate the magnitude [of change],” Jeremy Mathis, a longtime Arctic researcher and a current board director at the National Academies of Sciences told Mashable. “I’m running out of adjectives to describe the scope of change we’re seeing.”

On other parts of the globe, a city in western Alaska is experiencing drastic changes to its land formations as the state’s ice and permafrost are starting to thaw away.

“Springtime in Alaska isn’t what it used to be. This is the 3rd time past 21 years we can say” warmest spring of record.” 1998 was the warmest to date, exceeded in 2016 and now 2016 exceeded in 2019. Trend +4.0F (+2.2C) since the 1970s.” Rick Thoman said in a tweet.

The continued ice and permafrost melting in Iceland are causing significant damages in terms of requiring towns and villages like Newtok in western Alaska to relocate to avoid dangers.

“It’s a real challenge because in the US there isn’t the precedence to deal with this and there isn’t the political framework to deal with it either,” said Susan Natali, a scientist and Arctic expert at the Woods Hole Research Center in Massachusetts. “The numbers needing relocation will grow, the costs are going up and people’s lives and cultural practices will be impacted.

“Every year there’s a new temperature record, it’s getting worse and worse and you feel like a broken record saying it. This should be the number one urgent conversation happening right now because it’s not just going to be Alaska, it’s going to be other communities all over the US,” Natali added.

The problem does not only persist in Greenland, the Arctic or Alaska. Global ice is melting all across the globe. “The famed snows of Kilimanjaro have melted more than 80 percent since 1912. Glaciers in the Garhwal Himalaya in India are retreating so fast that researchers believe that most central and eastern Himalayan glaciers could virtually disappear by 2035 […] From the Arctic to Peru, from Switzerland to the equatorial glaciers of Man Jaya in Indonesia, massive ice fields, monstrous glaciers, and sea ice are disappearing, fast,” the National Geographic reported.

This week, the Pope has talked to oil executives in the Vatican to find solutions in the growing problem of global warming. He called for a “radical energy transition” from conventional fossil fuels and develop greener energy alternatives.

Continue Reading