Zombie Attacks in 2012 increasing. Apocalypse or Bath Salts Hype?

Miami Zombie Attack

What comes to mind when you hear the word Zombie? Do you think of a half dead person dragging their feet, with a cold dead face feasting for human blood?. By the way movies portray them, that is just how a zombie would look and act like. But that is just in movies right? People do not really feast off of human flesh, which would be inhumane and just plain weird. This past week in the United States has been sort of a horror “Zombie” like movie, with multiple cannibalism attacks accruing in different states. On Saturday May 26, 2012 a gruesome act of violence accrued on the side of an interstate in Miami, FL.

31 year old homeless man Rudy Eugene chased down and attacked another homeless man Ronald Poppo. Both men were naked, when Eugene began to devour Poppo entire face for up to 18 minutes according to the Miami Herald. At that time Police reported to the scene where they demanded Eugene to stop, and back away from the other man. Eugene refused to acknowledge their request and remained eating the suspect face off. As a result the police fired rounds of shots at him killing him in the process.

“He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth,” said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police.

It was reported from several sources that detectives, believe Eugene may have been under the influence of a drug called “Bath Salts”. They described the drug to have the effects of hallucination, Paranoia, rapid heart rates, suicidal thoughts, and dangerously high blood pressure. Poppo now rest at Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital where he is labeled in critical condition as reported by NewsOne.

On Wednesday May 30, 2012 another act of inhumane violence had reared its ugly head, this time in Joppa, MD. 21 year old Morgan State University student Alexander Kinyua was charged with first-degree murder, after he confessed of murdering his townhouse roommate 37 year old Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie reported cops to the Baltimore Sun. Kinyua not only murdered his roommate, he sliced his body parts up, and also was reported as eating the victim’s heart and pieces of his brain according to the Huffington Post.

The separate body parts were eventually found by the Harford County Sheriff’s office after the victim’s father alerted the authorities, The Daily mail reported. According to the Baltimore Sun parts of the victims body were found in a trash can outside of a church. Police also found a human head along with hands inside a metal tin in the townhouse.

“I’ve been with the agency 40 years, and I would say this is the first time I can remember … where someone was placed under arrest in Harford County and as a part of his crime he consumed the victim,” Sheriff Jesse Bane told the Sun.

Kinyua act of violence may not have been just any random attack; he seemed to have a dark past and a very short fuse. In January, 2012 Kinyua was dismissed from the Morgan State ROTC program after a disruptive outburst. Last month he was arrested for allegedly fracturing the skull of a classmate with a baseball bat, reported the Baltimore Sun.

There was another event of this magnitude that took place nearly three years ago in San Antonio, TX in July of 2009 that has resurfaced, because of the other “Zombie” like attacks. 33 year old Otty Sanchez was charged with capital murder after she murdered her 3 week old son Scott Wesley Buccholtz-Sanchez. She cut off his head, ate his brain, and chewed off three of his toes reported the Huffington Post.

“At this particular scene you could have heard a pin drop,” San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said. “No one was speaking. It was about as somber as it could have been.”

San Antonia police mentioned that Sanchez had been suffering from schizophrenia, and told police that she killed her son because “The Devil told me to”. Along with this police reported Sanchez screaming to them that she killed her son. She attempted to kill herself with partial slashes to her throat and chest as police found a steak knife and two swords they believe were used in the crime.  Sanchez husband voiced his opinion about his wife.

I want the death penalty for her for what she did. “She killed my son. She should burn in hell.” Scott Buckholz told the associated press.

So it may be uncertain as to why these events are happening around the United States, but it is gaining even the naysayers attention and getting a few people worried. Is this the beginning of what some are saying is a “Zombie Apocalypse”? I personally don’t think so, but one thing is for sure, the books of “How to survive a zombie attack” are getting looked at a little bit more often.

Miami Zombie attack caught on tape

Footage of the May 26, 2012 memorial day weekend ‘miami zombie attack’! Man attacks homeless man, then chews his face off. All caught on video.

Miami Zombie attack: Audio Tape of 911 callers reporting face-chewing attack

Several people called 911 after seeing events related to the vicious attack of a 65-year-old homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off along a busy Miami highway, according to recordings released by authorities Friday.

32 Comments on "Zombie Attacks in 2012 increasing. Apocalypse or Bath Salts Hype?"

1. Really? You think the “gays” have anything to do with it? You’re a retard cause it’s definitely all the tests they run on us. THE GOVERNMENT did this not the freaking gays idiot. Nor bathsalts. Half of them never even touched bathsalts. It’s all an cover up from the truth.

2. Isn’t it weird how all this is happening in 2012?

3. to all you guys who think this is fake, BS! you guys just don’t want to admit you were wrong. how do you call a guy that cut’s out his own intestin’s and threw them at the police “just mentally ill”. i’m no doctor, but i’m pretty sure if a “human” was to do that he/she would die. and what’s with taking him to the hospital. i mean that’s a little suspishus(sorry for the spellng). how about the guy that ate his girlfriend’s brain and heart. and the guy that ate the hobo’s face, i’m no expert but im sure it doesn’t take 12 shots to kill someone, and i bet you everything that the kill shot was a headshot. and most of you who doen’t believe in zombie’s believe in god(which i do). how is it that you can believe in one intetie controlling the universe but find zombie’s hard to believe in?

4. This has got to be the worst, bs I have ever had the displeasure to read in my life. When you great grandfather climbs out of his grave and cones home for dinner you need to worry!

5. We live. We die. Focus on what you have in life and appreciate it. Protect your family and yourself with any means necessary when the time arrives to do so. As for “Zombies” I agree with “Right person” above. If something really were to happen, freaking out isn’t going to get you anywhere. Buck up. Deal with it and survive.

6. John at Work | June 11, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Reply

Do any of you people believe in God? Demons? Good vs. evil? Did anyone notice these seem to have started after Obama legalized gay marriage? Just an observation. Some might say that opened a gateway from another dimension, to evil.

• He hasn’t legalized gay marriage. He just said he supports it. EPIC fail on your part.

• I think that there are not only people in the world with views like this but also that these people would post such things on a public forum is a much more frightening prospect than an impending zombie apocalypse. For shame.

7. I am no joke scared S***LESS about thia. like ive been hearing so many stories and stuff about this its crazy! like seriousley what is this world coming to! im not sure if its zombies or what or if maybe the miami thing just got a bunch of things going or maybe its like monkey see monkey do kinda thing where everyones just copying miami guy and trying to get attention. but whatever it is its f***in screwed up. and like just in the off chance it is the apocolypse, id say get your d*** guns ready!

8. Right person | June 6, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Reply

People people quit freaking out about the inevitable. If something like this were to happen then what could really be done? Although this is not something that will happen these incidents are happening for 2 reasons. The first that these people are so incredibly high that they go insane. The second is that this person was totally insane and did this and now after some talk people are doing it for attention stupid right? A little under a year ago scientists took a dog and drained its blood then refilled it with saline solution. The dog then went insane because the brain could not transmit messages throughout the body because there were no longer cells to carry out commands from the brain. Just about the only other way any so called “zombie apocalypse” could happen is pretty much from a super virus spreading throughout the world and however this is not the case.

9. Seriously people? You take this illiterate garble as fact? I had a very hard time reading this article because the grammar was so unbelievably awful. Then I get to the comments and expect to see people like myself ripping the article to shreds and all I see is the same drool poured out into “words”.

10. I’m afraid, worried, scared.

11. Guys what if its true, im not saying it is but its an IF, all sorts of strange and un expected events have been happening this year the year 2012, maybe the truth is being hidden so that the public is not scared that their could be a zombie Apocalypse, no one knows what going to happen but their is that chance.

12. Obviously it’s nothing in the air or a disease if it was many more people would’ve died its jut one crazy guy in Miami gets people scared, so the media digs up every report of cannibalism thu can find I mean come on look at the facts

13. Zombie Killer | June 5, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Reply

I Say This May Be A Strong Fight Humans vs Zombies We Have A 50 – 50% Chance To Win The Fight!!

14. O…M…G!!!!! these days have turned super crazy and weird!!!!! I pray to God that these individuals are just a lil loose upstairs and it will all be over soon!!!! I am starting to worry about the safety of my children when in public. But it makes me think about the book of Revolations in the Bible….. STAYIN IN PRAYER!!!!!!!!!

15. This was pretty stupid, the first one sure, zombie like, the other two were just crazy people with mental issues.

16. Jeremy Thomas | June 5, 2012 at 11:30 am | Reply

So what would you guys do if a “Zombie” like person was running straight for you growling and wanting to literally eat you? I know for myself it would be hard to kill someone, but I think I would change my mind quickly if my own life was in danger ya know

17. In the video they just only say the guy is beating up the other guy and did not say anything about biting his face off. What is wrong with these people? When a person got beat up in the face full of blood and u called that eating the face? Come on. Crazy people do crazy things that doesnt mean they are zombies.

• Harley Johnson | June 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm |

Some people may just be saying ”beaten up” because it would be easier for them to comprehend other than making false acquisitions of a ”zombie attack.”

• Survivor216788214 | June 5, 2012 at 10:58 pm |

actually they have released photos of the victim, does not look like he got beat up, i’ve been beat up, a lot, im pretty sure my eye socket was still there along with my eye, and my skull wasn’t bulging out of my face.

• Rebecca T | June 6, 2012 at 5:53 pm |

google the pics and you will see. Another man that i saw on the news said he was literally takeing bites and spitting it out. This was no beating, they just couldnt fathom someone eating another person out in the open and asumed with the amount of blood that it was a breating. Thats what i think at leaste.

18. First, there was the case of a nude man eating that other guy’s face. Then, a mom was accused of killing her baby, eating his brain and biting off three of his toes. Finally, there was that college student who killed a man and ate part of his brain. AND the Canadian psycho gay p*** star who killed his lover in Montreal, ate parts of the body, and posted it online before being arrested in Berlin.

All rational human, non-zombie creatures are obviously thinking the same thing: Zombie apocalypse.

Save the world and your family from a zombie cannibal apocalypse.

• the mom eating her baby’s toes off was in 2009. the canadian guy didn’t eat his victim, he mailed different limbs to political parties around canada. if you’re going to freak out, maybe fully read things first.

19. troy baldwin | June 5, 2012 at 1:27 am | Reply

ill shoot the ones with deez f***in zombies all day im troy f***in baldwin

20. Im am scared out of my mind..nobody believes me when i mention it but im scared to do anything. I dont even want to hang out with my friends. So i pray that this is all fake or will be ending soon no matter what it takes. They need to just ban the drug. Junk just got real.

21. Don’t forget the incident where the guy locked himself in his bedroom and when the cops came stabbed himself like 100 times and threw his guts at the officers. that happened the other day i think.

• Jeremy Thomas | June 4, 2012 at 9:59 pm |

WHAT?? Like who the hell are these people, and why in the world would someone throw their own guts at anyone!! smh wow now that is the definition of CRAZY!!!

22. F**kin zombies…smh. get ready for.ww3 this time against face eaters!! I got my red dead redemption on lol nd been pllayin left 4 dead too…I’m.ready for.these f**kers definitely wearing some type of.facial protection…maybe headgear or a.hockey mask idk

23. My dad sent me the link below. I don’t know if it’s real but I’m a little worried!

24. And it looks like Hollywood already has the movie lol ->http://youtu.be/gcSH-Dqwg2Q

25. Candlelight Obsession | June 4, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Reply

What the heck is going on here?