Sledge Hammer, Marland Anderson Dead After Police Encounter

Marland Anderson

Sledge Hammer died after an encounter with Los Angeles Police. His real name is Marland Anderson and was an adult film actor.

His fiancé called LAPD on Saturday claiming Sledge Hammer was trying to kill himself in their Reseda, California home. She claimed he had a knife. When the paramedics and police officers arrived, Anderson’s girlfriend said that she had got the knife away from him.

Police officers handcuffed Sledge Hammer to a gurney and put him in the back of an ambulance. He was able to break the gurney from the floor lock and the handcuffs that were attaching him to the gurney.

Officers used a Taser gun, but were unsuccessful. After several attempts, several officers were able to restrain him. Up to eight officers arrived as backup to try and help restrain Anderson.

His fiancé, 24-year-old Alexa Cruz, said she didn’t know there had been a scuffle until she visited Anderson in the hospital later that afternoon.

“I was horrified; I couldn’t even speak or breathe. I just kept asking, ‘What happened? What happened?'” Alexa Cruz said. “I was expecting him to be out of it from medications; not all beaten up with a breathing tube.”

She told reporters that he had no abrasions when he left her apartment, but when she visited him in the hospital, he was covered in scratches and his knuckles were scratched up.

Alexa Cruz thinks Sledge Hammer might have been struggling with an undiagnosed mental illness, saying he was hearing voices that night and was having paranoia that people were against him and was threatening to take his life.

“It was weird because he kept letting me take things away from him,” she said. “I think it was a call for help.”

In 2007 Marland Anderson had attempted to commit suicide by taking both pills and hydrogen peroxide before calling the police on himself.

He died Friday morning, April 8, 2012 while in the hospital. Sledge Hammer cause of death is yet to be released.

Alexa Cruz and Sledge Hammer have been together for three years. They were planning to marry and move to the desert, where Anderson was looking for work as a manual laborer after Cruz said he wanted to move on from adult films after 15 years in the business, according to NBC Los Angeles News.

Be the first to comment on "Sledge Hammer, Marland Anderson Dead After Police Encounter"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.