iPad App Store Downloads Reach 3 billion, 19% of Apple’s Products Apps Consumption

iPad App Store DownlaodsiPad tablets have pulled in a new record beating out Apple iPhone app download records. Both versions of Apple’s iPad line are included in the numbers with iPad & iPad 2 both adding to the record pace at which tablet early adopters are consuming apps. The record was set in just a year and half with iPad app store users downloading three billion apps. The Apple iPhone took about two years to reach the same record as the iPad & iPad 2.

Out of all of Apple’s devices the 3 billion app downloads come up to around 19% of the total amount of downloads that iOS users are downloading onto their Apple products. The other 81% of the downloads are produced mostly by iPhone 3, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s iOS devices. If you compare the numbers to Android tablets they are approaching 440 million downloads at this point.

If you think the battle is over at this point between iPads and Android tablets, think again! There has been a study done by ABI Research that says, “Annual Android app downloads for smartphones are expected to hit 58 Billion by 2016, compared to 27 billion for Apple’s iPhone.” They believe that Android App downloads will pick up in pace as better Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich devices are produced at a higher quality. Currently opinions are that cheap Android tablets are not enticing tablet users to download apps as fast because the hardware doesn’t keep up and present the software abilities of Google’s Ice Cream Sandwich enough. Most Android devices are built on either the Android 3.0 Honeycomb platform or the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich setting the future as a battle ground.

Apple iOS app downloads and Android apps have made some pretty hefty records together as well. This Christmas season helped mobile apps, tablet apps and online Android Marketplace Apps & Apple’s App store set a record of 1.2 billion apps downloaded in the final week of 2011. As soon as everyone opened their shiny new packages they started downloading iPad apps, Android apps and mobile apps to make use of their new found tech toys. This record won’t remain long however as an analytics company called Flurry predicts, “the one-billion app download barrier will be broken much more regularly in 2012 as the number of iOS and Android users continues to grow” according to a ZDNet post.

Image Credit: BrothersSoft

Be the first to comment on "iPad App Store Downloads Reach 3 billion, 19% of Apple’s Products Apps Consumption"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*