Amy Winehouse’s offical cause of death is alcohol poisoning

Amy Winehouse at the Eurockéennes of 2007

Image via Wikipedia

It has been months now since Amy Winehouse was found dead in Britain home. Almost exactly three months later the official cause of death was released by coroners as alcohol poisoning. The British coroner that released the news was Suzanne Greenway and called a passing of Amy Winehouse by alcohol poisoning a death of “unintended consquence.”

The first autotopsies that were performed gave mixed results and didn’t provide much resolution to anyone wondering how Amy had died. Some suspected Amy Winehouse died of drug overdose, prescription drug use or possibly even suicide.

After the Amy Winehouse alcohol poisoning was revealed the exact amounts were released as well. In Britain the legal limit for alcohol in someones blood is 80 mg of alcohol.

Amy Winehouse at Eurockéennes de Belfort (Fest...

Image via Wikipedia

Amy’s official limit of alcohol in her blood was released by coroners as 416 mg in every 100 ml of blood. That puts Amy’s blood alcohol level at more than 5 times the legal limit.

Some have said that Winehouse was trying to quit drinking alcohol and was probably experiencing alcohol withdrawal in that time. Essentially after a certain point of keeping herself from the dangerous drinks, Amy drank herself to death.

In the United States there are over 50,000 people that are diagnosed with alochol poisoning in a year. The scientific explanation of alcohol poisoning is when the alcohol enters your brain and causes you to pass out, lowers your body temp and can put you into a coma almost immediately. Amy Winehouse was 27 years old and a Grammy Award winner when she reached this fateful moment.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Be the first to comment on "Amy Winehouse’s offical cause of death is alcohol poisoning"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.