Home » Health » California Poppy Extract touted by Dr. Oz as pain reliever

California Poppy Extract touted by Dr. Oz as pain reliever

Eschscholzia Californica CA Poppy Flower

Dr. Oz has been using the Doctor Oz show to really tackle the problems that Americans face every day. On March 22nd, 2012 Dr. Oz discussed prescription drug abuses in the US for weight loss drugs and pain. California Poppy extract was mentioned and discussed by Dr. Oz & his guest, Alternative Medicine Expert Bryce Wylde from Toronto, Canada.

California Poppy ExtractThe prescription drugs that the California Poppy seed solution is supposed to help you replace are ones like Oxycodone, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Percocet and Vicodent. Dr. Oz says all the other pain relieving drugs do is mask the symptoms and don’t offer any solutions.

After the alternative medicine expert and Dr. Oz discussed the potential abuses of pain medications they talked about the solution of purchasing California Poppy extract in a dropper form. They suggested that you take 3/4 a teaspoon of the extract before you go to bed. Taking the extract before bed should help you fall to sleep easier and relax as the natural California Poppy solution kicks in.

The way the California Poppy works is by being an analgesic for musculoskeletal pain and it communicates to the brain and tells the opiate receptors to tell your body there is no pain. The extract is affordable and available at vitamin shop retailers and other natural remedy stores. Doctors don’t typically offer this product because there isn’t much profit in offering it to patients.

The actual plant is native to the United States and is the official state flower of California. The history of this plant is listed on Wikipedia. “Eschscholzia californica was the first named member of the genus Eschscholzia, which was named by the German botanist Adelbert von Chamisso after the Baltic German botanist Johann Friedrich von Eschscholtz, his friend and colleague on Otto von Kotzebue’s scientific expedition to California and the greater Pacific in mid-1810s aboard the Russian ship Rurik.”

1. Olena says:

Please advise where I might find California Poppy and Rasberry Ketones in Corpus Christi, TX.

2. Goldie says:

I picked up some California Poppy form the Vitamin shop. I usually take meloxicam for my pain. I have taken the poppy for the last 2 nights and I have slept wonderfully and have woke up with no pain and just a minimal amt of pain through out the day. So far I am impressed. Two days without meloxicam, I hope it continues.

3. jeannine says:

who out there has tried poppy extract, does it work? i’m desprate and want more than four hours of sleep and no pain.

4. [...] Shore (Photos) (6 votes)Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio) (17 votes)California Poppy Extract touted by Dr. Oz as pain reliever (27 [...]

5. Lisa says:

If anyone taking the poppy extract is already on narcotics for pain releief, I would sure ask your doctor 1st before trying the poppy and/or stopping your prescription meds cold turkey! I wouldn’t take the 2 together either – that’s just common sense.

6. bob spence says:

where is the best place to buy california poppy seed?

7. pat says:

Thank you Dr. OZ. You have given me hope for the one I love to get maybe some relief.

8. pat says:

Anything is worth a try naturally instead of d*** opiates. FDA knows how addictive this crap is and yet they approve all pain killers for the sake of one word
    MONEY!! never mind the person who is really ill and what addiction can do to them. Thats’s more MONEY!
    Instead of drug bust or trying to get to the main guy try those who approve this s***!

9. Verlene says:

Where can you get this California Poppy Seed Extract? I live in Texas and only can find CPS in other bottles with other things, not only C P S alone.
    Please help.

10. angela johnston says:

The problem I am finding, when purchasing things seen on Dr.Oz is……….They ussually fly off the shelves right after the broadcasts. I’m thrilled that Dr. Oz. offers this information but it just aggravates me. I waited weeks to findly find Raspberry ketones…bought two bottles. Start the program tomoorow…very excited. Only bummer is……you don’t get any type of eating plan with the pills. The internet doesn’t offer it up….at least from the sights I’ve visited. Wish me luck. Next is the California Poppy. Hope I don’t have the same difficulty finding it. I’m pushing 56 years old……just a few aches and pains !!!

• Jen says:

go to Amazon.com and get Dr Oz and Dr Roisen’s book…YOU on a DIET. He has the eating plan and tells what happens to it, the minute u put something in u r mouth to the time it comes out the toher end. all the hormones involved, what supplements to take…etc. He tells most of the things on his program, that is already in that book. It’s about 2 to 4 bucks for a used copy- plus 3.95 for shipping. LOOK at the “Descriptions” of the books. You can get a new looking book for CHEAP!

And last Feb 2011 I weighed 170lbs. Yesterday I weighed 145lbs ! (YEAAaaa!) all by following the advise of what to eat and what supplements to take. ( I’ve been bad though…I lost that weight with OUT Exercizing, Yet !) I still need to loose about 15lbs and I figure when I’v hit as low as I can on his eating plan…. then adding exercise will help me to loose the last of the weight to get to my goal of a 32″ waist as Dr Oz advises. And it will be up to me to keep exercizing to keep the weight off and to be a lot healthier.
      However, Your “SUPPOSED” to exercise when you start the eating plan, as exercizing helps to kick start your hormones into boosting your metabolizm and helping to shed the fat.
      but like he had on one of his shows reciently… I’m a “lazy girl” ! ;-)

11. TCH says:

By the looks, this is a product which is unavailable anywhere in Canada to purchase. Have tried numerous stores and none have even heard of it.

• Karen says:

I just purchased Rasberry Ketone at our local Nutter’s Store. The product is in such demand I had to put my name on a list and got it in less than two weeks. Just started it today.

12. debbie says:

Should you go off the pain pills your on, or can you take them together?

13. debbie says:

If you are on other pain pills, is it better to go off them, to try this?

14. Shauna says:

Does this show up for people who get workplace drug tests?

15. Celeste says:

Do I follow instructions on the bottle or just take the 3/4 of a teaspoon right out of the bottle. The directions on bottle have you mixing it with water & boiling to evaporate alcohol.

16. Heather D says:

It is actually 3/4 Teaspoon that was recommended.

17. Kevin Monaghan says:

The California poppy comes in one once bottles how much is needed, do I take it daily or weekly .

• Allan Soldner says:

On the Dr. Oz show they recommended 3/4 of a teaspoon every night before bed.

• Kim says:

No, Dr. Oz said a 3/4 teaspoon NOT 3/4 tablespoon. I sure hope you received this messgage before taking way too much! Good luck.