Monster energy drink has been receiving bad publicity in the recent years, but more so now with a lawsuit on their hands. In the past year, five deaths have been caused by Monster energy drinks, according to incident reports that doctors have to submit to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Recently, Anais Fournier, 14-years old from Riverside, California, died from consuming two 24-oz. Monster Energy drinks in a 24-hour period. Kevin Goldberg, a lawyer representing her parents, says they are seeking damages in court in excess of $25,000.
According to the lawsuit filed, the autopsy reports the cause of the December 23, 2011, death of Anais Fournier was “cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity.”